Open Enrollment Period for 2016 is Nov. 1 – January 31, 2016
We encourage anyone who has questions about enrollment or deadlines to the Access Health CT call center at 1-855-805-4325. If you meet the criteria below, you can enroll within the year at Access Health CT or with local certified application counselors at the agencies listed below. If you qualify for Medicaid (HUSKY A and D) or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP or HUSKY B), you can apply any time during the year.
Special Enrollment for Uninsured Individuals with a Tax Penalty April 1 – April 30, 2015
For the uninsured that do not qualify for an exemption and are facing a penalty and:
- were unaware or did not understand the consequences of being uninsured after the open enrollment deadline of Feb 15, 2015
- pay the penalty fee for all the months you have been uninsured
- do not have health coverage in 2015
Qualifying Life Events Enrollments
If you or someone in your household has a Qualifying Life Event during the year, you may qualify for enrollment within sixty days of the event. During this time, you can:
- enroll in a health insurance plan,
- change your plan (either metal tier, insurance provider or both), or
- add a newly eligible beneficiary to your current plan.
Qualifying Life Events include:
- Getting married
- Having or adopting a child
- Permanently moving to Connecticut from another state
- Losing other affordable, minimum Essential Health Benefits – for example, due to a job loss, divorce, loss of eligibility for Medicaid or CHIP, expiration of COBRA coverage, or a health care plan being decertified. (Note that voluntarily stopping other affordable, minimum Essential Health Benefits or losing coverage for not paying your premiums is not considered loss of coverage.)
- If you are already enrolled in a plan, having a change in income or household status that affects eligibility for an Advanced Premium Tax Credit (APTC) or Cost Sharing Reduction (CSR) Plan.
Free educational assistance is available by contacting our Health Insurance Enrollment Outreach Coordinators:
Bi-Lingual Outreach Coordinator - Maura Polk 860-450-7400 ext. 7437
Eva Csejtey 860-450-7400 ext. 7436
please contact the Access Health CT call center at 1-855-909-2428 for further assistance.